Some people aren’t going to like the choice of John Fox as the Broncos new head coach. Take one look at his record this year of 2-14 and one wonders what the Broncos were thinking. But before everyone goes jumping off the south stands take a look at my 5 reasons why I think John Fox is the PERFECT coach to get this franchise back on track.
1. Defense First and foremost the Broncos must get back to playing smashmouth ORANGE CRUSH style defense. It’s been a long time since we heard the thundering hits of Steve Atwater, the stellar goal line stands of Randy Gradishar, and the shouts of Tommy Jackson running down the sideline screaming at John Madden of the Raiders, “It’s all over Fat Man”. Fox is a defensive coach to the core. He will make the personnel moves necessary to bring the Broncos back the their days of Defensive Glory. Say Hallelujah with me!
2. Experience The exact opposite of Josh McDaniels, Fox is a seasoned coach with a winning formula to get this falling meteor of a team turned around. And he won’t be trading off players just because they are better then he is in playing football on Xbox360.
3. Insight He knows talent when he sees it. One name: Julius Peppers. That pretty much sums it up.
4. Leadership He knows how to lead. So much so that he tangled with the owner of the Panthers in 2009 because the owner wanted to jettison all of the teams veteran talent (and salaries) and replace it with young (cheaper) talent. This is THE reason the Panthers fell to 2-14 this season. The rift worsened and Fox was probably relieved to get out when he did. Besides the guy knows how to make an entrance. Note the Orange tie he wore to his Broncos interview.
5. He Hates the Raiders More specifically Al Davis. He left of his own accord with one game left on the schedule in 96 as the Raiders defensive coordinator. Fox had had enough of the mole with no soul.
So, there ya go. 5 reasons. Feel free to disagree. I want to know what you think of the hire.