Today’s View From the Bull Pen
Putin and His Preciousssss
Some days you just have to go with silly. Really silly. Of course, the whole story of Vladimir Putin stealing Robert Kraft's Super Bowl Ring is pretty silly. And, I might add, a bit bizarre. This along with the recent news about Putin's divorce and supposed affair with a 20 something is clear evidence that somebody named Vladimir is having a mid-life crisis.
As always, your readership and your comments help to make the world go round, so please continue to add them. I will try to do a better job of responding.
There isn't a way to leave comments in the Bull Pen so please feel free to leave your comments under the latest cartoon that I post.
Sign up for Drew’s News
Join the Drew CrewFor Email Marketing you can trust
Hire Me For Your Next Project:
Quotes & Quips“We have found that it’s much easier to restrain our wrath when the other fellow is bigger than we are.”- Anonymous
Broncos defense Archive
Some people aren’t going to like the choice of John Fox as the Broncos new head coach. Take one look at his record this year of 2-14 and one wonders what the Broncos were thinking. But before everyone goes jumping off the south stands take a look at my 5 reasons why I think John Fox is the PERFECT coach to get this franchise back on track.
1. Defense First and foremost the Broncos must get back to playing smashmouth ORANGE CRUSH style defense. It’s been a long time since we heard the thundering hits of Steve Atwater, the stellar goal line stands of Randy Gradishar, and the shouts of Tommy Jackson running down the sideline screaming at John Madden of the Raiders, “It’s all over Fat Man”. Fox is a defensive coach to the core. He will make the personnel moves necessary to bring the Broncos back the their days of Defensive Glory. Say Hallelujah with me!
2. Experience The exact opposite of Josh McDaniels, Fox is a seasoned coach with a winning formula to get this falling meteor of a team turned around. And he won’t be trading off players just because they are better then he is in playing football on Xbox360.
3. Insight He knows talent when he sees it. One name: Julius Peppers. That pretty much sums it up.
4. Leadership He knows how to lead. So much so that he tangled with the owner of the Panthers in 2009 because the owner wanted to jettison all of the teams veteran talent (and salaries) and replace it with young (cheaper) talent. This is THE reason the Panthers fell to 2-14 this season. The rift worsened and Fox was probably relieved to get out when he did. Besides the guy knows how to make an entrance. Note the Orange tie he wore to his Broncos interview.
5. He Hates the Raiders More specifically Al Davis. He left of his own accord with one game left on the schedule in 96 as the Raiders defensive coordinator. Fox had had enough of the mole with no soul.
So, there ya go. 5 reasons. Feel free to disagree. I want to know what you think of the hire
Don't get Defensive The Broncos didn't. I don't like Bye weeks in the NFL for multiple reasons. It leaves NFL fans totally lost for the weekend their favorite team is off and it can disrupt the routine of players and coaches. I don't think the layoff helped the Broncos, but really, it was the Ravens defense that beat the Broncos yesterday. That and the intensity of a desperate team. So, over all, I wouldn't hit the panic button yet. Next week will be the real test against Pittsburgh. If they can bounce back and beat the Steelers we'll forget that the Ravens defense even existed. Kyle Orton, not so much." title="Broncos Meet Their Match" />
Don’t get Defensive
The Broncos didn’t. I don’t like Bye weeks in the NFL for multiple reasons. It leaves NFL fans totally lost for the weekend their favorite team is off and it can disrupt the routine of players and coaches. I don’t think the layoff helped the Broncos, but really, it was the Ravens defense that beat the Broncos yesterday. That and the intensity of a desperate team. So, over all, I wouldn’t hit the panic button yet. Next week will be the real test against Pittsburgh. If they can bounce back and beat the Steelers we’ll forget that the Ravens defense even existed. Kyle Orton, not so much.