Today’s View From the Bull Pen
St Patty's Day
To celebrate the return of Patrick Roy, I thought I'd post my three favorite and most requested Roy cartoons from my days at the Rocky Mountain News. I'm excited he's back and I know you guys are too. So here's to St Patty. I'll raise a pint o' Guinness to that!
Have a great a safe memorial day weekend!
As always, your readership and your comments help to make the world go round, so please continue to add them. I will try to do a better job of responding.
There isn't a way to leave comments in the Bull Pen so please feel free to leave your comments under the latest cartoon that I post.
Sign up for Drew’s News
Join the Drew CrewFor Email Marketing you can trust
Hire Me For Your Next Project:
Quotes & Quips“Money can't buy happiness; it can, however, rent it.”- Anonymous
The Masters Archive
Dispatches form the Drawing Board: I loved watching Bubba Watson win the Masters the other day. It was awesome seeing a normal regular guy actually do something really extraordinarily great….
And that, folks, is who won yesterdays masters.
I Also have a cartoon today (sometime) on ESPN.com
This take on Tiger was done for United Features Syndicate. One of the reasons I’m doing so many Tiger related cartoons is the multiple clients I have that need or want one. This was a parody of the (creepy) Nike ad on TV and the Saturday Night live skit. I just thought the scene on the green at the Masters with the Mickelson’s was so amazing. Much like the Drew Brees Super Bowl pictures of he and his son, the images from the Masters will long be an indelible memory of the event years from now.
That said, I still haven’t gotten a Tiger caricature that I’m pleased with.
ESPN.com" title="Phil Mickelson cartoon on ESPN.com" />
My cartoon on Phil Mickelson’s victory is now online at ESPN.com
Here’s one for you Sunday Morning Breakfast. A little fun about watching the Masters fresh from Saturday mornings Chicago Tribune. I’ll be drawing a cartoon after the Masters tomorrow night as well for ESPN.com’s commentary page. Be sure to stop by.
I survived yesterday in sports…Now where’s the t-shirt?
I don’t know if you feel that way but I know I do. Wow. The Duke-Butler Championship game was beyond amazing. It reminds me why I love sports so much, when an underdog can give a heavyweight all it wants and more. Too bad Butler didn’t pull it out.
But I love the lesson it teaches us all. Anything is possible. Don’t quit. And don’t let anyone tell you you aren’t good enough.
Great to see a Rockies win on opening day. Friday should be fun here at home. This might be the first opening day I don’t make it to. My Fridays have become pretty busy. How about you ? Anybody score tickets? Tell me, tell me.
Clearly this will be a week about Tiger. I only caught highlights of his press conference yesterday but what I saw I was very impressed by. He seemed genuinely contrite. Now comes walking the walk, not just talking the talk. The rest of Tiger’s week will be in a very controlled environment media wise. Hence, the cartoon.
Got a new cartoon on the Butler-Duke game over on ESPN.. Hopefully it will be posted by the time you see this.
Hope you have a great day!
Good day to call in sick!!!
Here’s your schedule for the day.
1. Make and Pour coffee. You should have done this by now.
2. Read today’s cartoon about the Rockies season (currently doing that). Laugh (hopefully). Leave comment. Remind yourself to pick up the newest issue of Mile High Sports Magazine where the cartoon is in living color. Print makes it look Cool.
3. Click on this ESPN.com link to see other Drew cartoon for the morning. Kindly leave another comment. Drew likes these. ESPN likes them even more.
4. Pour another cup of coffee and enjoy a leisurely breakfast reading the News. See the story about Shanahan signing Donovan McNabb to the Redskins. Scream. Recheck your Fantasy lineup. Order Pizza.
5. Noonish: Watch a few minutes of predictable and very controlled Tiger Woods press conference from The Masters. Refer back to this link at ESPN.com
6. 12:10 Turn it over to FSN Rocky Mountain for the Rockies vs. Brewers.
7. Post game. Nap. You’ll need it.
8. 6 p.m. Order Chicken Wings and another Pizza.
9. 7 p.m. Butler vs Duke on CBS.
10. Call in sick again for Tuesday. Check ESPN.com on Tuesday morning for another Drew cartoon.